Title: Creative Lead
Reports to: Director of Marketing and CEO
Direct Reports: N/A
WHO WE ARE
CLOVE + HALLOW’s mission is to create affordably-priced clean, cruelty-free and vegan cosmetics that perform like conventional classics so that every woman can attain beauty without sacrifice. We are a small but mighty team based in West Midtown in search of another leader to join our ranks. We’re looking for someone who has a strong work ethic but understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance; someone who is enticed by wearing multiple hats and creative problem solving; most importantly, someone who is excited to help shape a company from the ground up. For the right fit, CLOVE + HALLOW offers nearly unlimited growth opportunities.
As Creative Lead, you will be responsible for working with colleagues and vendors to strategize, execute, and implement creative deliverables across various digital and traditional platforms. Your primary goal is to create a consistent visual manifestation of our brand, ethos and vibe.
Key Responsibilities + Accountabilities
- Serve as email marketing expert by designing high-performing campaigns in accordance with email marketing best practices and implementing within MailChimp
- Capture product flatlay photos and develop graphics for social media feeds
- Implement multivariate testing of designs across all digital channels and monitor data in order to optimize future creative campaigns
- Design marketing collateral such as brochures, presentations, flyers, postcards, etc. and work with vendors to print and assemble
- Work with our web team to design and implement web graphics such as home page banners, product imagery and videos, etc.
- Work with our CEO, marketing team, and operations team to create on-brand product packaging and display designs and coordinate with brand partners as needed to move from concept to production to delivery
Key Performance Indicators:
- Email conversion rate
- Lead time per project
- On-time delivery rate of projects
WHO YOU ARE
The Creative Lead for CLOVE + HALLOW likes to think big and get their hands dirty in the nitty-gritty. They’ve been patiently waiting for the right opportunity: a small, early-stage, explosive startup where they can get in on the ground floor and make a real impact. They are thrilled by the opportunity to tackle high-visibility projects and enjoy turning limited resources in gold.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Experience as an in-house graphic designer/creative lead/etc.
- History of working with web design and email marketing platforms like MailChimp - experience with product packaging is a huge plus
- Proficient in photography (Canon 60D), Adobe suite, and Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software
- Track record of successfully collaborating with small cross-functional teams across marketing, sales, operations, and business development
- Comfortable in fast-paced startup culture
- Both creative and analytical
- Independent go-getting who doesn’t need hand-holding
- Strong communicator
- Thrives with independence
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent multi-tasker with a history of successfully managing multiple projects at once
CONDITIONS + COMPENSATION
- Salary: 35-45k depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage can be provided
- Dog-friendly West Midtown office
- Flexible hours; our team members put in 8 hours between 7am and 7pm based on what works best for them
- Ability to work from home; this can be utilized as needed or as a scheduled occurrence such as every Friday as long as work is appropriately completed
- Unlimited PTO with continued strong performance evaluations
- Paid annual time off for team-bonding and volunteering opportunities