Title: Director of Operations
Reports to: Sarah Biggers, CEO
Direct Reports: Operations Specialist, Business Support Associate
WHO WE ARE
CLOVE + HALLOW’s mission is to create affordably-priced, clean, cruelty-free, and vegan cosmetics that perform like conventional classics so that every woman can attain beauty without sacrifice. We are a small-but-mighty team in search of another leader to join our ranks. We’re looking for someone who has a strong work ethic but understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance; someone who is enticed by wearing multiple hats and creative problem solving; most importantly, someone who is excited to help shape a company from the ground up. For the right fit, CLOVE + HALLOW offers nearly unlimited growth opportunities.
As Director of Operations, you will serve as our CEO’s right-hand (wo)man by owning CLOVE + HALLOW’s strategic and day-to-day operations to drive maximum growth and profitability. From gathering financial and operational data for distillation into actionable recommendations, to managing inventory flow by placing purchase orders with suppliers and manufacturing partners, to hiring and training new staff, the Director of Operations will be responsible for creating a well-oiled operational machine that is primed for the massive growth we are experiencing and ensuring day-to-day operations are aligned with company goals. This role will be a combination of high-level strategic work and tactical execution with lots of autonomy.
Key Responsibilities + Accountabilities
- Utilize current volume, lead-times, projected growth, MOQs and estimated budgets to forecast both Finished Good and Raw Material inventory needs to reduce out of stock time, aging or write-offs.
- Work with Sales team and manufacturing/supplier partners to ensure adequate and predictable inventory levels to satisfy omni-channel distribution network by placing reorders as needed.
- Take ownership of door-to-door supply chain by recommending improvements and implementing with any relevant parties.
- Conduct warehouse audits to ensure all inventory is being properly tracked.
ORDERS + CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- Create KPIs and monitoring system to ensure our 3PL is delivering quick, accurate, and cost-effective shipments for all customers and clients.
- Develop KPIs and relevant tools for Business Support team to monitor customer service satisfaction and efficiency.
- Serve as key decision maker on wholesale orders by working with Sales team to negotiate inventory, pricing, or distribution adjustments as needed.
- Grow and optimize operating profit margin by balancing necessary investments in R&D and inventory, overhead, and more.
- Ensure actual product margins post-execution are within tolerable range of budgeted product margins.
- Work with Leadership teams to analyze new business opportunities and make recommendations based on various cost-benefit analyses.
- Work with CEO to develop quarterly and annual department budgets.
- Spearhead financial reporting, planning, and recommendations of annual budgets, monthly P&Ls, product margins, cash-flow, and R&D investments.
- Design Culture Action Plan to ensure maximum employee satisfaction and create a culture of inspiration and retention.
- Develop and execute hiring, training, and management protocols to assess employee productivity, performance, and satisfaction.
- Recommend personnel adjustments as needed based on current growth cycle.
- Work with our Product team and manufacturing partners to plan and execute on-time, on-budget product launches.
- Establish new product markets and assist in ensuring all internal groundwork is laid to successfully serve each recommended market.
- Identify key areas and opportunities where business could improve operations.
- Work with our CEO and Marketing and Sales teams on a variety of forecasting and predictive initiatives, cost-benefit analyses of sampling boxes, influencer send outs, etc.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Inventory Down Time
- Order Accuracy
- Quarterly and Annual Operating Profit Margin
- Employee Satisfaction Rate
- Employee Turnover
- On-Time Product Release Rate
WHO YOU ARE
The Director of Operations likes to think big and get their hands dirty in the nitty-gritty. They’ve been patiently waiting for the right opportunity: a small, early-stage, explosive startup where they can get in on the ground floor and make a real impact. They are thrilled by the opportunity to tackle challenges and enjoy turning limited resources in gold.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred
- 5+ years in Operations, Finance, or other relevant field
- 2+ years experience in Supply Chain
- 2+ years managing at least 1 direct report
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods OR supply chain for a small, product-based business
- Thrives in fast-paced and often high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated analytical and critical-thinking capabilities
- Data driven
- Excellent multi-tasker with a history of successfully managing simultaneous projects
- Proven track record of independent work and autonomous decision-making
- Sociable and good-natured
- Reliable and transparent
CONDITIONS + COMPENSATION
- Salary: 100k + annual bonuses
- 6 hour work day, 9:30am - 3:30pm, with flexible work-from-home options
- Dog-friendly West Midtown office
- Unlimited PTO with continued strong performance and peer evaluations
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage available
- 401k available
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position name as the subject line.