Media and Communications Specialist
Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: Lindsay Britt, Director of Marketing
WHO WE ARE
CLOVE + HALLOW’s mission is to create affordably-priced, clean, cruelty-free, and vegan cosmetics that perform like conventional classics so that every woman can attain beauty without sacrifice. We are a small-but-mighty team in search of another leader to join our ranks. We’re looking for someone who has a strong work ethic but understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance; someone who is enticed by wearing multiple hats and creative problem solving; most importantly, someone who is excited to help shape a company from the ground up. For the right fit, CLOVE + HALLOW offers nearly unlimited growth opportunities.
As Communications Manager, you will own CLOVE + HALLOW’s communication across all digital and traditional media platforms to ensure a cohesive and impactful voice. This role will be a combination of high-level strategic work and tactical execution. From planning and executing new media pitches, to fostering influencer and brand partnerships, to writing and editing copy across a variety of marketing deliverables, the Communications Manager will be responsible for creating and delivering a strong, cohesive voice across all brand touchpoints.
Key Responsibilities + Accountabilities
- Craft media materials such as press releases and pithy pitches for a variety of digital and traditional media outlets - including but not limited to: bloggers, digital magazines, print, and TV outlets - to consistently secure brand and product features, executive profiles, and trend stories.
- Manage the production and optimization of internal company communications, such as brand copy guidelines, key messaging and talking points, positioning statements and other collateral.
- Monitor media to discover and leverage recent news and social currency into relevant campaigns.
- Organize and execute deskside meetings with a target list of media outlets as needed.
- Assist marketing team by crafting SEO-optimized and/or return-generating blog, email, social media, website, and advertising copy.
- Partner with marketing team to develop and maximize authentic relationships with top-tier influencers, bloggers and media contacts.
- Collaborate with marketing team to source, vet and execute brand partnerships, including but not limited to: social media contests, giveaways, content sponsors, and more.
- Ideate unique activation and event ideas to the marketing team and collaborate on vetting, strategy, and execution.
- Establish and propagate the Newsfeed, an internal pipeline of news to keep our team educated and current on industry- and competitor-related developments and trends.
- Ensure all budgets are properly tracked against KPIs, on-schedule, and on-budget.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Media Reach - how many eyes can we estimate saw this month’s media/press pieces?
- Earned Media Value - what is the traffic and/or revenue value of this month’s influencer and brand partnerships?
- Earned Influencer Value - traffic and/or revenue value generated from this month’s influencer and brand partnerships?
- Pitch Rate - how many pitches made per month across all traditional and digital media platforms?
- Publish Rate - what percentage of pitches secured a current or future feature?
- Domain Authority - how are we ranking on search engines?
WHO YOU ARE
The Communications Manager likes to think big and get their hands dirty in the nitty-gritty. They’ve been patiently waiting for the right opportunity: a small, early-stage, explosive startup where they can get in on the ground floor and make a real impact. They are thrilled by the opportunity to tackle challenges and enjoy turning limited resources in gold.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- 2+ years working in Public Relations or Media within the beauty sector
- Familiarity with influencer marketing
- Thrives in fast-paced and often high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent multi-tasker with a history of successfully managing simultaneous projects
- Proven track record of independent and autonomous work
- Sociable and good-natured
- Accepting of constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Reliable and transparent
CONDITIONS + COMPENSATION
- Salary: 50k + annual bonuses
- 6 hour work day, 9:30am - 3:30pm, with the option to work from home when needed; for the perfect candidate, remote options could be considered
- Dog-friendly West Midtown office
- Unlimited PTO with continued strong performance and peer evaluations
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage available
- 401k available
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name as the subject line.