Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: CEO
Direct Reports: Business Support Associate
WHO WE ARE
CLOVE + HALLOW’s mission is to create affordably-priced clean, cruelty-free and vegan cosmetics that perform like conventional classics so that every woman can attain beauty without sacrifice. We are a small but mighty team based in West Midtown in search of another leader to join our ranks. We’re looking for someone who has a strong work ethic but understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance; someone who is enticed by wearing multiple hats and creative problem solving; most importantly, someone who is excited to help shape a company from the ground up. For the right fit, CLOVE + HALLOW offers nearly unlimited growth opportunities.
As Operations Manager, you keep our train on the tracks by staying on top of our accounts payable/receivable, optimizing customer service, forecasting inventory and executing reorders, and managing new product/market launches. You will work with our CEO and Business Support Associate to ensure that all business operations, from customer service to supplier relations to inventory management, are handled optimally and in a timely fashion.
Key Responsibilities + Accountabilities
- Work with Business Support Associate to plan a well-rounded culture calendar (birthdays, happy hours, charity work, annual evaluations, etc.) and ensure all office administration needs are met.
- Partner with Business Support Associate to develop customer service workflows and programs that deliver consistent, on-brand customer experiences.
- Collaborate with sales and fulfillment teams to optimize fulfillment processing flows for fastest turnaround times with highest accuracy.
- Forecast supplier and manufacturer inventory demands and manage reorders to ensure adequate, but not excessive, inventory levels for all retail channels (e-comm, wholesale, and Amazon) at all times.
- Coordinate with our CEO to develop realistic product development/launch timelines and collaborate with colleagues and vendors to deliver on-time releases for 10-30 SKUs/year.
- Manage the expansion of C+H products into secondary markets, such as Canada and the EU.
- Utilize data analysis to recommend new market and product expansions, R&D budgets, etc.
- Work with QuickBooks to ensure all of our retail and vendor accounts payable and receivable are settled on-time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer Satisfaction Rate
- Employee Satisfaction Scale
- On-Time Product Release Rate
- Inventory Down-Time
WHO YOU ARE
The Operations Manager for CLOVE + HALLOW likes to think big and get their hands dirty in the nitty-gritty. They’ve been patiently waiting for the right opportunity: a small, early-stage, explosive startup where they can get in on the ground floor and make a real impact. They are thrilled by the opportunity to tackle meaningful business challenges and enjoy turning limited resources in gold.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of work experience within finance, business development, or supply chain/operations
- Management experience with at least 1 direct report
- Highly proficient in Excel and familiar with QBO
- Excellent multi-tasker with a history of successfully managing simultaneous projects
- Excited by working on small cross-functional teams within a fast-paced startup culture
- Independent go-getter who doesn’t need hand-holding
- Strong communicator
- Thrives with independence
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with consumer goods and/or financial management are huge bonuses - be sure to mention these skills if you’ve got them
CONDITIONS + COMPENSATION
- Salary: 40k-50k depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage can be provided
- Dog-friendly West Midtown office
- Flexible hours; our team members put in 8 hours between 7am and 7pm based on what works best for them
- Ability to work from home; this can be utilized as needed or as a scheduled occurrence such as every Friday as long as work is appropriately completed
- Unlimited PTO with continued strong performance evaluations
- Paid annual time off for team-bonding and volunteering opportunities