Title: Warehouse Lead
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
WHO WE ARE
CLOVE + HALLOW’s mission is to create affordably-priced clean, cruelty-free and vegan cosmetics that perform like conventional classics so that every woman can attain beauty without sacrifice. We are a small but mighty team based in West Midtown in search of another leader to join our ranks. We’re looking for someone who has a strong work ethic and understands the importance of the customer experience; someone who is enticed by wearing multiple hats and creative problem solving; most importantly, someone who is excited to help shape a company from the ground up. For the right fit, CLOVE + HALLOW offers nearly unlimited growth opportunities.
As Warehouse Manager, you serve as the final and most impactful touch-point between our brand and customers. With an eye for detail and presentation, you keep our warehouse and inventory organized, box and label products, fulfill orders, and orchestrate shipment pick ups. You will work with our sales, marketing, support, and leadership teams to strike the perfect balance of speed, accuracy, and customer personalization on all orders and serve as our subject matter expert on all things fulfillment and warehousing.
Key Responsibilities + Accountabilities
- Work with Operations Manager and CEO to create and oversee all warehouse and fulfillment operations, including but not limited to: facility organization, equipment maintenance, safety protocols, software programs, inventory and order management, picking and packing procedures, delivery requisition, and shipping processes.
- Develop expertise on all aspects of warehousing and fulfillment operations in order to hire, train, schedule and supervise all subordinate personnel.
- Work with purchasing team to ensure warehouse is prepared for all incoming inventory.
- Receive deliveries and inspect for accuracy and quality before moving to assigned storage space and entering into tracking system.
- Serve as in-house expert on inventory levels, orders, and shipments and handle any in-house or external inquiries on any of these matters in a professional and timely manner.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly audits of inventory to ensure all information is correct for our management teams.
- Place purchase orders for necessary supplies such as packaging and storage solutions in order to reduce warehouse downtime.
- Follow procedures to prep all finished goods for fulfillment; preparations may include boxing, labeling, or unboxing and delabeling.
- Create and enforce fulfillment protocols to ensure packing efficiency and accuracy.
- Deliver fast and accurate fulfillment with an eye for presentation so processing time is reduced and customers receive complete AND beautiful orders.
- Ensure all packages are picked up and scanned in with shipping carries as quick as possible via scheduled pick ups or manual drop offs.
- Recommend personnel additions or modifications and train, schedule and supervise all warehouse personnel.
- Assist as needed and when feasible with production of samples or Limited Edition products in production lab.
- Assist as needed and when feasible with customer service efforts via Gorgias customer service platform in a timely, professional, and enthusiastic manner.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Order accuracy rate
- Order processing time
- Warehouse organization
- Inventory accuracy
- Finished good accuracy
WHO YOU ARE
The Warehouse Manager for CLOVE + HALLOW enjoys contributing to the bottom-line with hands-on work with immediate feedback. They’ve been patiently waiting for the right opportunity: a small, early-stage, explosive startup where they can get in on the ground floor and make a real impact. They are thrilled by the opportunity to tackle meaningful business challenges and enjoy turning limited resources in gold.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of warehousing and fulfillment experience
- 1+ year of experience building and/or managing a team
- Knowledge of proper safety protocols, equipment maintenance and warehouse/fulfillment best practices
- Ability to create and manage warehouse procedures
- Experience with forklift or motorized pallet jack
- Strong leadership with the ability to train and develop a team
- Attention to detail
- Experienced in inventory control
- Physically capable of consistently lifting 25 lbs and up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Reliable and trustworthy
CONDITIONS + COMPENSATION
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Salary: $18/hour + approved overtime @ $27/hour + annual bonuses and raises.
- Benefits: 401k, medical, vision, and dental insurance available after 60 days of successful employment.
- All candidates must agree to submit for drug and background checks prior to beginning. Due to the nature of this role, candidates must be willing to submit for additional randomized drug screens.
- Dog-friendly and casual West Midtown office.
- Paid annual time off for team-bonding and volunteering opportunities.